Viking Ocean Cruises
On a Viking ship, you will sail into the heart of your destination, so you can explore up close and in depth. The size of Viking’s vessels—with just 930 guests—gives a greater maneuverability, allowing to dock where the mega-liners cannot, giving you more access to your destination and more time to explore. From the prime, central berths in the world’s great cities and seldom-visited ports, enriching discoveries are just a short walk from your ship. The Viking cruises focus more on the cultural enrichment cruising, so you won't find casinos, children, umbrella drinks or needless distractions onboard their ships. Instead, you will cruise to intriguing and often little-known ports, enjoying ample time ashore, many overnight stays and an included excursion in each port of call. And since a cruise with Viking is an inclusive experience, there is never any sales pressure to purchase spa packages or specialty items from Viking’s menus. Any extras you add are entirely up to you
Viking® offers destination-focused river and ocean cruises to the world’s most fascinating locations on board elegant, state-of-the art ships. With Viking, guests will journey with like-minded travelers on The Thinking Person’s Cruise®, a culturally rich, immersive experience designed to help guests explore the most intimate nuances of their destination both on board and ashore - with enriching shore excursions, informative lectures and port talks, engaging Destination Performances, wine tastings and regional cuisine. Plus, Viking Inclusive Value provides guests all they need in one inclusive cruise fare.
What's new in 2018:
- For the second year in a row, Viking has been named a #1 Ocean Cruise Line by Travel + Leisure readers in both 2016 & 2017.
- Ocean ships Viking Sky and Viking Sun debut in 2017 and join sister ships Viking Star and Viking Sea sailing oceans around the world.
- Viking ocean cruises will be the largest luxury player with six new ships by 2020 and an additional two new builds on order for 2021 and 2022.
- In 2018, Viking river cruises will sail 44 Longships, the most award-winning class of river ships, along the rivers of Austria, Germany, Hungary, France, The Netherlands, Slovakia, Switzerland and more.
- Tailored to an intimate sailing experience, Viking Ra will sail the Nile River on a new Egypt cruisetour, Pharaohs & Pyramids, launching in March 2018
The Baltic | Northern Europe | the Mediterranean | the Adriatic | the Americas | the Caribbean | Asia | Australia | New Zealand